Use the Vegan Lunch Ideas for Meetings to Feed Attendees Well
Over the last few months I’ve gotten quite a few emails/calls from meeting planners asking me for healthy and delicious vegan lunch ideas for meetings since the hotel, convention center and/or catering companies they are working with are not making an effort to do this for them.
To top the frustration I’ve heard from planners, the stories from vegan and vegetarian meeting attendees about what they were served illustrate a lack of enthusiasm from chefs to create these meals: At an awards banquet Jessie was served one – yes, one – roasted carrot. Monica was delivered a plate of shredded iceberg lettuce for an industry lunch she paid $45 to attend. And Midori was given an entire yellow squash sliced in half and grilled for her dinner.
Whether it is a lack of understanding vegan dietary needs or an apathy for creating something outside of the norm, chefs should understand vegan lunch ideas for meetings can be an asset to their menu and bottom line.
So, to celebrate vegan awareness month and hopefully inspire planners as well as hotel, convention center and catering company chefs, I’ve collected 12 delicious vegan lunch ideas for meetings that attendees who follow plant-based diets will love. And, maybe some who don’t will too.
1. Ultimate 4-Layer Vegan Sandwich from Oh She Glows
2. Spiralized Asian Quinoa Salad with Peanut Dressing from Emilie Eats
3. Spicy Buffalo Chickpea Wraps from Minimalist Baker
4. Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato & Kale Whole Wheat Pockets from The Kitchn
5. Spicy Coconut Noodles from Real Simple
6. Curried Coconut Quinoa and Greens with Roasted Cauliflower from Cookie + Kate
7. Chopped Kale Salad with Edamame, Carrot and Avocado from Cookie and Kate
8. Zucchini Noodles w/ Basil & Pumpkin Seed Pesto from Cookie + Kate
9. Cauliflower “Rice” Stir-Fry from Popsugar
10. The Big Vegan Bowl from Oh She Glows
11. Swiss Chard + White Bean Grilled Sammie from Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes
12. Avocado Quinoa Harvest Bowl from In It For the Long Run